- Provide clinical care including Speech Therapy assessment, treatment and management of patients in the specialty area and handle the complex cases.
- Mentor, and oversee Speech therapists, Technicians and Asst. Technician.
- Responsible for updating personal clinical knowledge and skill in specialized field and participate in clinical research
- Manage an individual case load of patients effectively and efficiently undertaking predominantly complex cases in area of specialty
- Independently assess, analyze and synthesize complex evaluation data and provide a clinical
- Independently formulate a treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering
- Reassess clinical outcomes, to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient
- Carries out a comprehensive discharge plan, and collaborates with the other
- Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the Speech Therapy process.
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize
- Assist in developing clinical guidelines to optimize patient care in the area of specialty.
- Work independently to provide Speech Therapy weekend/holiday and on-call care.
- Participate in implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety,
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Delegate appropriate tasks, oversee clinical workload of Speech Therapists, Speech Therapy
- Participate in the Unit and Job Specific Orientation process for new staff in the assigned specialty area.
- Monitor and participate in clinical audit in the assigned specialty area, to support the Speech Therapy Quality Improvement Plan.
- Participate in Speech Therapy in-service and if necessary lead team in-service training to promote personal development.
- Responsible for developing and updating clinical knowledge and skills in the area of specialty
- Engage in continuous education programs
- Participate in the development and organization of educational programs for nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members, staff as well as patient’s caregivers.
- Participates in research activities to enhance clinical outcomes and promote evidence – based clinical practice.
- Act as a mentor to other Speech Therapists and Developees
- 5 years of clinical experience as Speech Therapist of which 3 years in area of specialty
- Has experience and competency in management of speech, language, communication and swallowing disorders and tracheostomy care to provide speech therapy services for adult in-patients through the acute and rehabilitation stages, pediatric in-patients through the acute and rehabilitation stages, pediatric patients in the home health care based on home visits, in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) to provide speech therapy services in Autism Program, additionally, Knowledge of family centered care, in Early Intervention Program.
- English Language: Essential
- Arabic Language: Essential
- Basic Computer Skills: Essential
- Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable
- A Bachelor's degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- 3 years Diploma in Speech Therapy
- Master's degree as a 1st degree in Speech and Language Pathology from a Nationally approved and/or accredited College/ University With relevant course in specialty area.
1. To safely respond to emergency calls as required, providing emergency care in accordance with approved clinical guidelines and departmental policies and procedures 2. To safely move and transport patients from the scene of an incident to a health care facility, or between health care facilities. 3. To assist Critical Care Paramedics in the advanced care of critically ill or injured patients. 4. To maintain operational and functional readiness of an ambulance unit (or rapid response unit, LifeCycles, LifePatrol or the LifeFlight helicopter), emergency medical equipment and disposable supplies. 5. To use technologies such as GIS mapping systems and global positioning systems (GPS) to navigate to the scene of illness or injury. 6. To communicate with the AS Communications Centre in a clear and concise manner using voice Communication by phone and radio, or data transmission. 7. To ensure that supervisors and managers are apprised of significant events in compliance with Standard Operating Procedure. SMA 2017/ Template 8. To liaise with partner agencies to ensure the coordinated delivery of emergency medical care to ill or injured patients. 9. To contribute to the development and implementation of service-wide policies and procedures, and those applicable to their area of responsibility alone, in collaboration with colleagues in other departments within AS and HMC. 10. Within their area of responsibility, to comply with timely investigation and response to complaints and queries in collaboration with colleagues in other departments within AS and HMC. 11. Within their area of responsibility, to comply with AS and HMC corporate policies and procedures. 12. To ensure that their area of responsibility is compliant with accreditation schemes identified by HMC, including, but not limited to, Joint Commission International (JCI). 13. To deputize for the Supervisor when required. 14. To accept responsibility for own personal and professional development and undertake such programs as required. 15. To perform other duties as required.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with 3 years demonstrated experience in emergency-related healthcare field (such as: trauma, EMS, ICU, Emergency, etc.).
- Valid Primary license from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in the State of Qatar within the Ministry of Public Health.
Education: Three (3) years Diploma in a clinical discipline (Nursing and/or Anesthesia Technologist) or health sciences. Experience: Healthcare, telecommunications or any related clinical field Personal Skills:
- Strong communication skills over the telephone and in face to face situations
- Calm personality and able to remain calm in challenging situations when speaking to members of the public who are distressed.
- Male and female candidates welcomed.
- Driving license and ability to drive
- Will undergo training with the partner insurance company
- Involves in the planning, organizing and directing the United Care Medical Center (UCMC) insurance programs.
- Prepares and submits documentation in support of property and liability claims involving the facility.
- Respond to patient and doctors inquiries regarding insurance coverage and approval.
- Perform data entry and filing to record patient and insurance data.
- Confirm insurance coverage with insurance companies by diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Schedule appointments and procedures and verify insurance information.
- Collecting invoices generated and submitted and forwards the invoices to the accounts division;
- Monitors all other claims status until the settlement is complete.
- Clarifies discrepancies in documentation and coding.
- Verifies health care charges against established rates for diagnosis, treatment, services and supplies.
- Maintain patient accounts via an automated billing system, using codes to facilitate reimbursement from insurance companies; and establishes pro-rata responsibility to permit the prompt collection of patient's share.
- Shall also perform a receptionist task while on duty.
- Maintaining relations with insurance providers and provide customer service and liaison between the patients, physicians, nurses, medical coders and Insurance company.
- Prior experience working as an medical insurance coordinator - preferred
- Excellent coordination skills and ability to multi-task are required
- Arabic speaker
- Supports the Assistant Executive Director of Clinical Imaging in delivering the business plan by monitoring clinical imaging’s information systems’ performance, and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Acts as the central management lead for projects and/or programs for clinical imaging information systems where required.
- Ensure that all clinical imaging information system operations are compliant with prescribed departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and strategic values.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of direct subordinates
- Consolidate and submit performance reports to Management
- Perform other duties as assign
Essential Education: Bachelor’s degree in informatics or Bachelor’s degree in any healthcare discipline, and additional post graduate qualifications in a clinical informatics related area. Essential Experience: 8 years in clinical imaging informatics experience with at least 2 years at a similar level. Must have experience with the planning, implementation, and management of clinical imaging informatics systems in a tertiary hospital and/or academic healthcare environment. Language Skills: Advanced English is essential. An English and Arabic speaker is preferred. Computer Skills: High level IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Assist in the HMC implementation of RIS/PACS within the current and future medical imaging departments and facilities.
- Assist in the redesign of Departmental workflows required for the introduction of RIS/PACS.
- Works closely with the Radiology Department Quality Unit to leverage the RIS functionality to support departmental assurance and service improvement activities.
- Investigate, identify, and provides recommendations or proposals to address specific operational issue with the radiology department scope of responsibilities, for consideration by Department Management.
- Work closely with the Radiology Department staff in the implementation of operating standards, policies and procedures; provide training and education sessions for staff throughout the pre implementation, implementation, and post implementation phases of RIS/PACS.
- Review feedback from system users and compile and analyze support data. Recommend procedural and training & educational changes as appropriate for consideration by the PACS Manager.
- Act as a contract person or liaison person between Radiology and other departments related to the RIS/PACS initiatives or other related new medical imaging endeavors. The position liaises with a broad spectrum of professionals within Radiology Departments and across the Corporation, or external to the Corporation, as may be required.
- Perform system administration maintenance, backup, disaster recover, and performance monitoring of the RIS/PACS.
- Assist in the day management, monitoring, and operational support of the RIS/PACS across the radiology program.
- Undertake equipment and system testing as may be required for the RIS/PACS and resolves issues within the scope of responsibilities, or escalates issues resolution as required.
- Maintain up to data, accurate, and comprehensive documentation and records related to the RIS/PACS performance and maintenance information, including records of vendor performance, breakdowns, issues resolution, trouble shooting, and escalations, as it relates to the radiology department activities.
- Assist the Radiology Department in the development, implementation, and compliance with relevant Corporation, legislative/regulatory, legal, and accreditation guidelines and requirements.
- Liaise with Radiology Manger, Chief Technologists, and Radiology supervisors regarding the annual performance evaluation and competency testing of radiology staff in relation to RIS/PACS functionality and usage.
- Prepare reports from RIS as requested by the radiology department administration on medical imaging operations, and provides analysis as required.
- Participate in post-implementation extra-departmental activities as they related to RIS/PACS (eg. Integration with other HMC information systems).
- Participate in educational programs to ensure Continual Professional Development and as necessary to maintain an appropriate level of professional competence, and /or professional membership requirements,
- Comply with HMC policies & procedures, in particular infection control, occupational health & safety, and quality management.
- Represent the PACS Manager as may be required, and perform other duties as may be requested.
Essential Education: Bachelor Degree (or recognized equivalent tertiary qualification) in a relevant technical discipline such as Diagnostic Radiography or Nuclear Medicine Technology. Essential Experience: 5 years post graduate experience. Clinical expertise at the level of Senior Radiology Technologist, with practical experience in the department of a RIS/PACS and post implementation RIS/PACS administration.
- Responsible for providing administrative and secretarial support to the department
- Kepp accurate and detailed records of all departmental activities.
- Compiles reports, annual budget requirements, purchase requests, etc.
- Types memos, Letters, Reports, records, and general corresponcdence
- Prepares and maintains records of meeting proceedings
- Maintains departmental files
- Maintains statistical records as necessary
- Orders routine supplies, receives and checks all incoming supplies, returning items as indicated.
- Maintains stockroom inventory and process staff supplies requests
- Facilitates verbal and written communication both intra and inter departmental.
- Assists with payroll/timesheet preparations as required.
- Maintains company competencies by attending department meetings, in services and annual updates.
- Maintains understanding in company policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and self development by paticipating in edicational opportunities that are available
- Perform other duties assign.
- Bachelor's Degree/Highschool Diploma
- With at least 2 years of experience in the same field
- English is essential; Arabic preferred
- Advance computer skills.
- Must be able to type with a good speed and accuracy and maintained systematized records.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions in an exceedingly complex environment.
Responsible for the storage and issue of commodities held in the central. Accountabilities:
- Maintains company competencies by attendting department meeting, in services and annual updates.
- Maintains understanding of Company's policies and procedures.
- Attends required safety programs, infection control programs and other required trainings.
- Performs oothe duties and reponsibilities as requested in a pleasant manner.
- Maintains professional and self development by participating in educational opportunities that are available.
- Communicates and cooperates with othe personnel to maintain effective relationships both inside and across the departments.
- Able to perform competently in a new or emergency situation.
- Plans and utilizes time efficiently to complete duties.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and treats staff with respect and courtesy
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to handle change productively
- Responsible for receiving incoming stock
- Ensures correct and secure storage of stocks.
- Issues goods in a timely manner utilizing authorized documentation.
- Maintains correct location of new stock on completion of the clearance process.
- Utilizes ease of identification, Marking all packing with the correct stock number.
- Facilitates issue on FIFO (first-in-first-out) or FEFO (first expiry-first out) basis as appropriates.
- Maintains shelf or pallet loading limitations.
- Establishes and implements stock checking program designed to verify physical stock quantities in relation to book stock figures.
- Ensures a high standard of housekeeping and environment maintained.
- Reports any stock discrepancies and possible actions of pilferage.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Highschool Certificate or 3 years vocational education
- With at least 4 years experience in the same field.
- English Intermediate level
- Providing excellent customer service; delivering results; teamwork; communications.
Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. - Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals. - Record patient medical histories. - Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods. - Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth. - Treat diseases of female organs. - Treat chronic diseases or disorders. - Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury. - Administer non-intravenous medications. Prescribe treatments or therapies. Prescribe medications. - Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely. - Operate on patients to treat conditions. - Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient. - Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment. - Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients. - Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members. - Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary. - Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments. - Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention. - Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers. - Advise communities or institutions regarding health or safety issues. - Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary. - Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources. - Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff. - Supervise patient care personnel. - Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians. - Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment. - Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues. - Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses. - Design public or employee health programs. Direct healthcare delivery programs. - Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals. - Prepare official health documents or records. - Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury. - Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years experience. - Experience in Middle East is an advantage
The Manager - Operations (Generic) works closely with the Clinical Nurse Manager and Division Chief, as part of the unit based leadership, to ensure safe and efficient operations for patients and staff.Reporting to the Executive Director Operations and part of the unit based leadership, the Manager oversees the daily operations of the unit. The Manager has a hands on approach to implementing key operational strategies and achieve all agreed key performance indicators inclusive of resource management, financial targets, quality standards, patient and family satisfaction, patient flow and access. The focus of the role is ensure that the infrastructure, supplies, environment and support services are in place to provide optimal patient care. KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES: Manages all aspects of operational delivery of the unit on behalf of the Division Chief and the Executive Director Operations. Examples of this include clinical throughput, achieving operational targets, delivering efficiency and effectiveness, patient satisfaction, performance management and improvement as well as but not limited to delivery of clinical management group and unit objectives.
- Represents the unit leadership in meetings across the organization. Examples of this include management, governance, performance management processes, quality governance forum.
- Develops and implements operational plans and identify improvement initiatives personally where appropriate.
- Responsible for all administrative staff and administrative processes on the unit, and works with Corporate Services (e.g. Revenue cycle, HR, finance, supply chain) to ensure optimal and efficient delivery of support services.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with other team members to implement priority actions, develop work schedules, monitor progress towards goals and track details, data, information and activities.
- Analyzes process workflows and performance data and evaluates the unit’s progress against the operational plans. Provides timely recommendations and reports as needed to ensure achievement of objectives and targets.
- Understands employee, inventory, equipment and space requirements and work towards meeting those requirements.
- Works closely with Clinical Nurse Managers and Division Chief, as part of the unit based leadership, to set and review budgets, manage costs, and improve profitability.
- Evaluates patient issues and identify ways of improving the quality of patient journey across Sidra Medicine, including investigating problems and complaints as needed.
- Acts as the focal point and communicates all operational policies and procedure at unit level meetings.
- Actively manages risks and escalates as needed.
- Works with Clinical Leads to prepare and submit business plans where required for service development, and ensures successful implementation within budget and time scale targets. Monitors implementation and evaluates outcomes.
- Plans and organizes activities and projects, often highly complex, liaising with other departments within and outside of the Unit, and other individuals and organizations as required
- Supports recruitment, retention and recognition activities. Participates in candidate screening and interviewing as appropriate. Actively welcomes new staff to unit.
- Maintains open lines of communication with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective cooperation and consultation.
- Represents the Division Chief in their absence on all leadership and management issues (that are not medical or of a clinical nature).
- Acts as a role model in ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Experience in analyzing data and devising meaningful results
- Experience of successful business planning and handling of budgets
- Experience in using project management tools
- Experience in developing reports and delivering presentations to senior leadership
- Experience in managing and working effectively with clinical teams
- Experience in identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to implement strategies and operate in a challenging and changing work environment
- Ability to cope with rapid and sustained change, competing demands and tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze information and devise improvement initiatives
- Solid understanding of financial management
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Patient and family focused work ethos
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience of working in health care in the Middle East
- Experience of working in a children and women’s hospital
- Project Management Certification (PMP of equivalent)
- Fluency in Arabic
Working as part of Radiology’s multi-disciplinary team, the Patient Aide role, under the direction of the Manager Diagnostic Imaging Support Services, functions in an ancillary capacity to enhance both frontline and clinical staff efficiency and the patient’s experience. He/she will be assigned on rotation to front of house and to specific modalities. He/she will work with both clinical and non-clinical staff within the area to ensure the provision of courteous, efficient and timely patient centered care to patients, families and other internal and external visitors in both the Out- and In-Patient Radiology sites. Incumbent may perform other duties as assigned by the Manager Diagnostic Imaging Support Services. Systems integral to Patient Aide workflows may include:
- Cerner Scheduling System (limited)
- RadNet application.
- Biometrics, including palm scanning technology.
- Patient identification, including Real Time Locating System (RTLS) wristband technology.
- Capacity management patient transportation application.
- Car parking validation technology.
- Visitor management technology.
- IT hardware including document scanning and barcode reader equipment.KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures exceptional patient relation and communication towards a pleasant and efficient patient experience.
- Observes and maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs the Patient Identification process including patient wristbands, consistently.
- Responds to any general, non-clinical questions solicited, or finds the most suitable staff member to answer.
- Meets and greets patients as they arrive in Radiology and directs them to the appropriate reception and /or scheduling desks.
- Escorts and directs patients to appropriate locality, waiting area and/or associated department/in-patient unit.
- Escorts patients referred to financial counsellors.
- Provides transportation devices as required.
- Able to move and lift patients using appropriate transfer devices, under clinical supervision.
- Prepares patients (non-technical preparation) for procedures, including assistance to change into hospital gowns.
- Prepares procedure rooms ready for imaging exams, as directed by the clinical staff.
- Ensures procedure rooms are turned over between imaging exams to provide hygienic environment.
- Assists the clinical staff with patients during imaging exams as required and keeps patients comfortable and at ease during the exams.
- Ensures proper hand-over communication at all times to coordinate excellent patient care.
- Assists with interpretation services if appropriate.
- Assists the clinician with any required non clinical adjunctive tasks during interventional exams, such as biopsies.
- Performs administrative tasks associated with patient exams, including but not limited to, data entry and document scanning of worksheets and forms.
- Responsible for digitizing outside films and matching/uploading exams to PACS under the direction of CMIST.
- Responsible for accurately copying patient imaging exams from PACS for patient referral elsewhere, under the direction of CMIST.
- Adheres to departmental and organizational policies, procedures and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Adheres to and promotes compliance with the hospital’s radiation safety and protection and MRI safety policies and associated codes of practice and take appropriate action where non-compliance is evident.
- Participates and complies with quality improvement programs and competency assessment initiatives for Radiology services.
- Participates in mandatory training and actively practices continual professional development in alignment with Sidra’s professional development programs.
- All other duties within the scope of the position necessary for the Radiology services to run efficiently, as assigned.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Spoken knowledge of Arabic language would be an added advantage.