- Design the software architecture for a new application in coordination with the Application Development Team Leader and the software vendor, taking into account the interfaces, compatibility issues, design, standards and specifications in order to enable the development of a framework and guidelines.
- Develop and program the code for new applications as well as enhancements or modifications in coordination with other IT sections, as required, based on the software architecture and in order to ensure the code is developed as per requirements and is aligned with specifications and standards.
- Implement version control if case of any changes in the code, in order to ensure a mechanism is in place and followed for development/ enhancement of applications/ products.
- Conduct basic unit, integration and stress testing, on the application at different stages of code development and fix defects I bugs in order to ensure alignment to the end user requirements and resolution of these errors early in the lifecycle.
- Conduct the migration of the code build for enhancement/ bug fixes, etc. onto the production environment and monitor the activity closely in order to ensure smooth integration with the existing applications and to resolve any issues that arise, on priority to minimize the application downtime.
- Assist in conducting User Training and acceptance testing of applications developed in collaboration with the Quality Assurance section to enable transfer of knowledge on the application and ensure that the users' requirements are met and they are satisfied.
- Conduct technical research on similar industry application technologies, features and functions of PC operating systems, the development environment, etc. in order to enable effective decision making.
- Prepare accurate and meaningful detail design documents, software architecture, user manuals, etc. as required in order to enable storage of information and ease for future reference.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Ensure adherence to department/company policy and maintenance of confidentiality of the data/information.
- Assist in the preparation of timely and accurate departmental statements and reports to meet and department requirements, policies and standards.
- Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
- Graduate in any IT field
- 1 - 3 years as an application developer in a similar organization
- Skills in software programming
- Strong knowledge of SQL/PL SQL, Forms & Reports, Bbl. Publisher, MySQL, Oracle and other related database software
- IBM Mobile First platform.
- Adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge on advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment