- Provides total individualized patient care and assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care, discharge planning for each patient and assessing for current and potential problems.
- Accurately, concisely and appropriately documents care, interventions and outcomes.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction by demonstration of extraordinary service.
- Utilizes a professional practice framework and evidence based care, identifies improvement areas while minimizing risks creating care that is optimal for our patients and families.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk.
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team.
- Contributes to excellence in outcomes, a positive patient experience and a healthy professional environment.
- Contributes effective use of resources.
- Leads and/or contributes to service based Performance Improvement activities and organizational committees as assigned.
- Develops and sustains (maintains) own knowledge, clinical skills (mandatory training), professional (portfolio or profile) awareness and provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times and promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Participates in new staff/student orientation, assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of new staff/students to develop their competence.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Acts as a role model for junior staff and assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship/preceptorship programs in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of recent clinical nursing experience within the relevant specialty from a highly esteemed healthcare institution
- Preferably with experience in adolescent medicine, nephrology (adult and pediatric) and pediatric
- Valid professional Nursing license in country of origin
- Professional Membership
Assists in the process, which ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with established corporate wide policies and procedure, State regulations and the hospital’s code of ethics. Provides education to staff based on theoretical and clinical expertise. This position will be accountable to ensure clinical resource and continuity of patient care during her/his duty hours. 1. Operation Technician is responsible to Charge Nurse and Head Nurse to provide professional, quality patient care according to hospital standards. 2. To fulfill the above responsibilities, the Operation Technician in collaboration with nursing personnel and members of other disciplines, engages in the following activities: provides direct patient care; 3. Coordinates operating room services with the services of other healthcare disciplines. 4. Fosters a climate conducive to education experiences for new nurses and students. Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care, sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. 5. Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients. 6. Must have experience in LASIK and Opthalmology operation 7. Perform other duties as assign
- English language
- Basic Computer skills
Diploma in Nursing or Operating Technician
- Will undergo training with the partner insurance company
- Involves in the planning, organizing and directing the United Care Medical Center (UCMC) insurance programs.
- Prepares and submits documentation in support of property and liability claims involving the facility.
- Respond to patient and doctors inquiries regarding insurance coverage and approval.
- Perform data entry and filing to record patient and insurance data.
- Confirm insurance coverage with insurance companies by diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Schedule appointments and procedures and verify insurance information.
- Collecting invoices generated and submitted and forwards the invoices to the accounts division;
- Monitors all other claims status until the settlement is complete.
- Clarifies discrepancies in documentation and coding.
- Verifies health care charges against established rates for diagnosis, treatment, services and supplies.
- Maintain patient accounts via an automated billing system, using codes to facilitate reimbursement from insurance companies; and establishes pro-rata responsibility to permit the prompt collection of patient's share.
- Shall also perform a receptionist task while on duty.
- Maintaining relations with insurance providers and provide customer service and liaison between the patients, physicians, nurses, medical coders and Insurance company.
- Prior experience working as an medical insurance coordinator - preferred
- Excellent coordination skills and ability to multi-task are required
- Arabic speaker
4 months ago
Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical histories, reports, and examination results. - Collect medical information from patients, family members, or other medical professionals. - Record patient medical histories. - Care for and treat women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods. - Care for women during pregnancy and childbirth. - Treat diseases of female organs. - Treat chronic diseases or disorders. - Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury. - Administer non-intravenous medications. Prescribe treatments or therapies. Prescribe medications. - Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients' health and deliver babies safely. - Operate on patients to treat conditions. - Analyze records, reports, test results, or examination information to diagnose medical condition of patient. - Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment. - Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients. - Explain medical procedures or test results to patients or family members. - Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary. - Monitor patient progress or responses to treatments. - Advise patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention. - Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers. - Advise communities or institutions regarding health or safety issues. - Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioner when necessary. - Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources. - Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff. - Supervise patient care personnel. - Consult with or provide consulting services to other physicians. - Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment. - Advise medical personnel regarding healthcare issues. - Plan, implement, or administer health programs in hospitals, businesses, or communities for prevention and treatment of injuries or illnesses. - Design public or employee health programs. Direct healthcare delivery programs. - Prepare government and organizational reports on birth, death, and disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals. - Prepare official health documents or records. - Conduct research to develop or test medications, treatments, or procedures to prevent or control disease or injury. - Conduct research to increase knowledge about medical issues.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years experience. - Experience in Middle East is an advantage
4 months ago
- Assess the physical, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual dimensions of clients and their families, as well as their educational and discharge needs in order to formulate nursing diagnoses
- Plan nursing care while acknowledging that rehabilitation nursing is practiced within a dynamic, therapeutic, and supportive relationship that is constantly changing, as nurses and clients influence one another
- Implement a plan of care by providing nursing care and education directly or through ancillary personnel, as needed, to maintain and restore function and prevent complications and further loss
- Evaluate the nursing care that is being provided and modifies the plan, as needed, to achieve measurable goals and objectives
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Should have at least 3 years Clinical Nursing experience after obtaining license to practice
- Should possess good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English; Arabic-Speaker an advantage
- Rehabilitation Nursing
6 months ago
- Directing, overseeing and evaluating all nursing personnel (registered nurses, LPN etc.)
- Guiding staffing procedures
- Setting objectives and long-term goals for the nursing department
- Should possess good oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in English; Arabic-Speaker an advantage
- Graduate of Master's Degree in Nursing
- Should have at least 5 years post registration experience, including 2 years in managing people
- Many duties typically performed by a Trauma Nurse include the following:
- Provide careful Nursing interventions in emergency situations
- Triage patients and evaluate the severity of the patient’s injuries
- Provide IV insertion, intubation, medicine administration, blood drawing, and many other medical procedures
- Prepare patients for surgery or diagnostic testing
- Trauma Nurses often receive additional education beyond a bachelor’s degree in Nursing to solidify eligibility for the position. Trauma Nursing is extremely strenuous, since the nature of the job entails many unexpected circumstances since accidents can happen at any time, but calm Nurses who work well under pressure will find the profession extremely rewarding.
- Ability to adapt and function very well under pressure.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to multitask efficiently in sensitive ICU environment.
- Patient Registration – Performs accurate & complex registrations in ambulatory locations, with a goal of exceeding service department expectations. Completes complex work queues and quality data corrections assigned by management so that Revenue Cycle operations are not delayed.
- Identification – Consistently performs Patient Identification practices through the performance of accurate medical record selection. Reports duplicate medical record numbers to management for further investigation to support patient safety goals. Reviews and validates printed wristbands with each patient and performs biometric validation.
- Confidentiality - Observes and maintains patient privacy and confidentiality during all Patient Access operations.
- Insurance Eligibility – Completes insurance eligibility successfully which may require direct contact with the insurance company to support successful financial revenue results.
- Scanning Requirements – Accurately scans Patient Identification cards, Insurance Cards, Vaccine Records, and Newborn Birth Certificates into the medical record to support patient safety goals and successful financial revenues results. Ensures insurance information is updated and accurate for each visit.
- Biometric Process – Performs Consistent and methodical implementation of the biometric system in Patient Identification practices which supports patient safety goals.
- Performs Radiology Arrivals - Accesses RadNet work list to check arrival of the patient for the technologist.
- Safety policies and procedures - Adheres to Radiation, MRI and surgery safety policies and procedures.
- Signatures – Thoroughly explains all registration documents and captures patient signatures. Correctly notates forms in instances where the patient signature is unobtainable. Notates when parental consent is obtained over the telephone.
- Prepares multiple consent documents – Organizes and prepares different Radiology consents for signatures between the technologist and the patient.
- Patient Experience – Utilizes the department in patient communications and interactions; in all telephone, email and/or during face-to-face patient encounters.
- Ethics - Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Scheduling Appointments – Accurately books multiple and complex appointments for patients in accordance with hospital requirements. Upon booking each appointment, a pre-registration is required so that finance, nurses and clinicians may complete workflow components prior to the patient’s next visit. Thorough and correct entry of data and patient information which supports patient safety goals. Performs complete and methodical pre-registrations.
- Patient Cash Collections – Assists with change fund detail and daily deposits. Systematically processes in patient cash collections and issues a receipt. Timely notification to Patient Access management of any collection / deposit issues at the end of shift.
- Medical Necessity – Performs Medical Necessity and collects patient due as required supporting successful revenue results. Escalates all medical necessity issues to the appropriate clinical delegate.
- Wristbands – Leads in consistently performing Patient Identification practices, including the application of patient wristbands.
- Ability to learn the following applications and utilize on a daily basis:
- Biometric Application for patient identification Workflow
- Cerner Patient Management functions (Registration & Scheduling),
- Radnet / Surginet
- Powerchart Order Entry
- PACs, Document scanning into pacs
- Medical Necessity process
- Finance Payment System Workflows and receipting
- Scanning documents into the PEARL record
- Ad Hoc Transport request process
- SMS Appointment Reminder process
- Patient Portal Registration practices
- MOI Data Integration workflows
- QNB Counterfeit bill process and equipment
- Data Entry Accuracy
- Medical Terminology Testing
- Patient Experience Excellence
- Good Organization
- Time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Fluency in written and spoken ENGLISH and ARABIC
Job Description Assists in managing the patient care unit for administrative and clinical aspects to include organizing, developing, directing and assuring the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care. Assists in the process which ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with established corporate wide policies and procedures, nursing standards, guidelines and protocols and the HMC Code of Professional Behaviour and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives. Provides education to staff based on theoretical and clinical expertise. Ensures clinical resource and continuity of patient care during her/his duty hours. Assumes responisbility for staffing and scheduling personnel. Skills Nursing Management
Doha Doha Doha Doha , Qatar Qatar Qatar Qatar
7 months ago