1. Performs nutrition assessment of referred patients to determine their nutrient needs and develop an appropriate care plan which includes and not limited to: - Macro and micronutrient requirements and goals based on current recommendations SMA 2017/ Template - Disease-specific feeding choices - Choices for delivery of nutrition e.g., intravenous, enterostomy 2. Monitors the implementation of nutrition plans and assesses patient progress to adjust therapy plans and attain optimum nutrition. 3. Coordinates plans and conducts programs to educate patients about nutrition issues, diet and food selections. 4. Documents, records and processes information to assess therapy outcomes 5. Participate in multidisciplinary rounds and calculate the nutrient requirements of patients on therapeutic/enteral feedings as required 6. Calculates nutrient requirements of patients on therapeutic/enteral feedings as needed 7. Arranges or direct Assistant Clinical Dietitians to arrange discharge needs of patients to ensure continuity of care plan 8. Evaluates current practice using evidence-based outcome indicators where possible to ensure the therapeutic, patient and family needs are being met 9. Give consultation and Guidance for Assistant clinical dietitians
- BSc degree in Dietetics and Nutrition from a recognized university Or 3 years High Diploma in Nutrition after Completion of High school for those who joined HMC prior to 2012
- Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in the State of Qatar within the Ministry of Public Health
- 4 years of total experience in Hospital setting of which 2 years as general Clinical Dietitian experience and 2 years as Clinical Dietitian in any relevant subspeciality
- Arabic Speaker
CLINICAL:1. Manage an individual caseload of patients effectively and efficiently undertaking predominantly complex cases in the area of specialty 2. Independently assess, analyze and synthesize complex evaluation data and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention within a specialty area. 3. Independently formulate a treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering individual physiotherapy treatment according to evidence-based practice /clinical guidelines 4. Reassess clinical outcomes, to determine the effectiveness of treatment, the progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment 5. Carries out a comprehensive discharge plan, and collaborates with the other multidisciplinary team members and family when the measurable short and long term goals have been achieved. 6. Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the physiotherapy process. 7. Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences. 8. Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards. 9. Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working. 10. Assist in developing clinical guidelines to optimize patient care in the area of specialty. 11. Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend/holiday and on-call care. 12. Participate in the implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control, and quality improvement. 13. Perform additional duties as assigned.
MANAGERIAL:1. Delegate appropriate tasks, oversee the clinical workload of Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Technicians, and Physiotherapy Aides to maximize efficiency and achieve a desired quality of care. 2. Participate in the Unit and Job Specific Orientation process for new staff in the assigned specialty area 3. Monitor and participate in clinical audit in the assigned specialty area, to support the Physiotherapy Quality Improvement Plan.
EDUCATIONAL:1. Participate in physiotherapy in-service and if necessary lead team in-service training to promote personal development. 2. Responsible for developing and updating clinical knowledge and skills in the area of specialty to ensure the delivery of evidence-based care and professional growth and development. 3. Engage in continuous education programs 4. Participate in the development and organization of educational programs for nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members, staff as well as patient’s caregivers. 5. Participates in research activities to enhance clinical outcomes and promote the evidence-based clinical practice. 6. Act as a mentor to Physiotherapists and Developers
Language Skills: English Language: Essential Arabic Language: Preferred Computer Skills: Basic Computer Skills: Essential
- Responsible for the improvement of the revenue cycle process and day to day running of the Revenue Cycle Team.
- Improving and embedding best practice for revenue cycle ensuring consistency and standardization for effectiveness and efficiency of processes and workflows at the front end, through service delivery, and at the back end.
- Work with departments to improve Central Scheduling, Insurance Verification, Billing, Collections, Revenue Capture, Revenue Integrity, Call Center, Collections, Vendor Relations, and Document Imaging.
- Improves the cash flow collection and management of aged debtors, implementing and monitoring key KPIs.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to details
- Organized and methodical good general health and fitness
- Able to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds
- Compassionate towards others
- A high degree of motivation and self-discipline
- Excellent computer skills
Doha Doha Doha Doha , Qatar Qatar Qatar Qatar
2 weeks ago
- Apply ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS standards and guidelines assigning accurate codes to ensure correct AR-DRG assignment for each episode of care
- Liaise with clinicians regarding appropriate clinical documentation for clinical coding to ensure highest level of accuracy in clinically coded data
- Participate in meeting deadlines consistently
- Attendance and participation in quality and educational meetings
- Ability to identify inconsistencies of documentation, clinical or demographic, which would impact on the AR-DRG SMA 2017
- Validate the generated AR-DRG to ensure that it is congruent with the clinical information provided in the medical record
- Actively initiate, lead, and participate in continued educational activities
- Assume responsibility for continuing their education and increasing their knowledge and skills of the Australian Coding Standards and other information relevant to their role
- Educate health professionals and less experienced Clinical Coders in relation to the importance of specific clinical documentation and its relationship to the assignment of the AR-DRG
- Superior ability to work autonomously, utilize, and share their expertise in Clinical Coding
- Support the Qatar National Vision by mentoring Level 1 and Level 2 Clinical Coders
- Report on and analyze aggregated clinical coding data
- Ensure the alignment of Health Information Management activities in HMC to the National Health Strategy as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and apply ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS standards and guidelines assigning accurate codes to ensure correct AR-DRG assignment to the highest complexity to reflect the episode of care
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the structure and use of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS and AR-DRG
- Superior knowledge of medical terminology
- Superior knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology
- Investigative and problem-solving skills in relation to clinical coding
- Understanding of Activity-Based Funding and/or Costing principles
- Microsoft Office, 3M Code finder, and EMR (desirable)
Bachelor of Health Information Management
1.Prepares, sterilizes, organizes and set up dental equipment, ensures that dental instruments are cleaned, dated and processed according to established clinical guidelines. 2. Preparation of operatory room and setting of instruments before the treatment starts in between patients and after the procedures. 3.Provides chair side assistance to dentists in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, pedodontic, endodontic, prosthetic,orthodontic and/or oral maxillo facial surgical procedures. 4. Develops and processes dental radiographs in accordance with provided orders, assist in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols. 5. Recording, charting and planning of appointments. 6. Prevention and management of dental emergencies. 7. Pre and postoperative care of patients and appropriate oral hygiene instructions (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling). 8. Maintains dental laboratory slips and creates and maintains dental records in accordance with established protocols and procedures. 9. Monitors and maintains dental equipment and instruments (lubricates, cleans, flushes and drains equipments, reporting of defective equipments). 10. Orders and maintains inventories of dental supplies.
- X-ray imaging
- blood pressure reading
2 weeks ago
- Makes decisions related to a wide range of orthotic and prosthetic devices and formulates the program of patient care related to these devices.
- Undertakes specialized biomechanical assessment of patients, including those with a complex presentation (e.g. scoliosis, cerebral palsy, etc.).
- Provides accurate measurements for orthosis at pre-operative assessment.
- Formulates an individualized orthotic or prosthetic treatment plan using a range of treatment options in order to formulate a program of care.
- Designs and specifies appropriate custom and pre-fabricated prosthetic & orthotic devices and arranges for manufacture.
- Takes casts or 3D scans for manufacture of appropriate orthoses/prostheses according to agreed management plan.
- Performs necessary adjustments to custom or pre-fabricated braces as required for patient comfort and function.
- Monitors patient progress and modifies treatment plans according to changing clinical outlook.
- Ensures accurate and clear paperwork is provided with all orders to enable correct manufacture in the specified time frame.
- Performs positive cast rectification where appropriate.
- Checks and ensures orthosis fulfills technical specification and quality aspects, before supplying it to the patient.
- Demonstrates and teaches the safe use of materials/equipment to clients and/or care-takers as required.
- Ensures arrangements are made to return the orthosis to the manufacturer in case it does not meet the specification within the agreed time frame.
- Communicates effectively with patients and care-takers to ensure understanding of prosthetic & orthotic conditions.
- Interacts with patients for assessment and treatment this may include patients with e.g. special needs children, babies, patients with hearing loss or those in pain.
- Works within multidisciplinary teams when required in key areas such as diabetes, orthopedics and pediatrics.
- Takes responsibility for care and adjustment as necessary and maintenance of equipment as appropriate.
- Maintains patient information confidentiality whether formally or informally recorded.
- Maintains compliance with all infection control and safety regulations and policies when dealing with equipment and patients.
- Works towards the achievement of agreed key performance indicators for self and unit by ensuring staff accountability in competing required information to inform these KPI’s.
- Contributes to the achievement of cost efficiency savings in the service and maintains an awareness of resource utilization, exercising care in the ordering and use of equipment and materials.
- Reports equipment failures, safety and security issues, and/or reduction of supply inventory.
- Leads Performance Improvement activities and committees on the service as assigned.
- Provides documented evidence of own performance and maintenance of skills consistent with the position. This includes a Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners Continuing Professional Development Profile for licensure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- 5+ year’s clinical experience as an Orthotist with clinical expertise across the competencies of the profession
- Demonstrated experience in pediatric care.
- Licensure in country of origin
- Eligible to be licensed in State of Qatar
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Following industry trends locally and internationally
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills.
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Proven ability to negotiate
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Maintains security policies and procedures in relation to access control and privileged identity management for all clinical and business supporting systems and applications, including but not limited to CIS (Cerner), ERP (Lawson), Philips PACS, CVIS, Oracle, SQL, and Active Directory.
- Configure IBM Identity management system and Centrally manage end user identities.
- Performs applications security configuration and tasks in conjunction to formal change and authorization process.
- Identifies and develops access matrices for all applications and systems based on roles and responsibilities.
- Contributes to the development of a security strategy that governs personnel access and privileges defined by the organization’s business needs by ensuring adequate segregation of duties and maintaining the principles of need-to-know and least privileges.
- Evaluates, documents, and reports cases of excessive privileges, incompatible functions, and potential internal control weaknesses.
- Assists in maintaining a comprehensive security policy that addresses automatic logouts for idle sessions, frequency of password changes, recovery procedures and related activities.
- Evaluates and determines alternative solutions that can facilitate and/or consolidate access control and identity management process.
- Administers and maintains security functions related to access control and privileges on security systems and applications.
- Conducts periodic reviews in coordination with business units and systems owners to ensure that all access authorizations and privileges are up-to-date and valid.
- Provides formatted reports as required by department manager, internal and external auditors.
- Maintains a strict and comprehensive document record and change control process for all authorizations related to logical and physical access and privileges.
- Maintains quality services by following organization standards; minimizing, anticipating and managing downtime.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and technical training and reviewing professional publications.
- Proactively manages resources & workload to meet department mission, vision & objectives.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering
- 12+ years of experience working as a security officer
- Demonstrated experience with:
- - Cerner Core security module
- - Lawson S3/ Landmark security modules
- - IBM ISIM Identity Management system
- Exposure to other clinical applications systems (Philips PACS, CVIS, VNA)
- Experience in developing operational processes and procedures for users access management.
- Security certification that relates to IT security, Access Management.
- Courses Certification related to Cerner Core security, Lawson Core Security, IBM Identity Management.
3 weeks ago
- Restores and promotes patient’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Provides physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with patients and their families.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and hospital or regulatory standards.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent information technology skills that enable online literature searching and using powerpoint and word programs in the presentation of feedback and learning to peers.
- Strong analytical and observational skills.
- Knowledge in using medical equipment required by the healthcare settings.
- Medical (Hospital, Clinics, and Diagnostic Centers)
- Corporate - Private & Government Companies(i.e. school, institutions)
- Child Care - Nursery, & Home Care (Geriatrics)
- Community Nursing / Public Health / Private Duty Nursing (PDNs)
- Offshore Assignments
Doha Doha Doha Doha , Qatar Qatar Qatar Qatar
4 weeks ago
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the HMC mission, vision and values. 2. Assists in planning radiation treatments for cancer patients and perform dose calculations. 3. Works under the supervision of Senior Physicist in all physics related tasks. 4. Works with the Radiation Safety team to design shields for treatment rooms, ensuring that Radiotherapy units are operating safely. 5. Involves in the QA programs that are currently being implemented the various radiation therapy equipment. 6. Engages in the acceptance testing and commissioning of radiation therapy equipment. 7. The post entails the clinical implementation of new technology in the clinic. 8. Provides advice on radiation protection issues in radiation therapy. 9. Performs physics tasks pertaining to treatment planning, delivery and verification. 10. Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues. 11. Maintains and organizes required records, reports, and files. 12. Collect, amalgamate and assess any necessary statistics. 13. Performs any other relevant duties as requested by supervisors. 14. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; especially relating to infection control, safety and quality management issues. Quality Assurance: 1. Performs routine QA checks on linear accelerators, remote brachytherapy after loader, and CT scanner on a periodic basis. 2. Monitors the consistency of medical physics equipment, to ensure proper function and precision is achieved during use. Similarly, must ensure that ongoing periodic maintenance practices are adhered to. 3. Participates in the development of standards of patient care and treatment delivery. Communication/Teamwork/Other duties: 1. Liaises with Medical staff to add technical results to patient reports. 2. Will provide training and advice on new equipment and protocols. 3. Researching new equipment developments and applications. 4. Will participates in agreed rotations throughout the various radiotherapy department sections in order to gain the required proficiency and experience needed to fulfill the required services. 5. Perform all duties according to the Departmental Protocols in place, and to report any deviation from the said protocols to the Chief Medical Physicist and the prescribing Radiation Oncologist. 6. Observes HMC Health and Safety regulations, Local Rules and Professional Codes of Practice. 7. Complies with HMC policies and procedures; including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, infection control, moving and handling, radiation safety and quality
Language Skills: English (Required) Arabic (Preferred) Computer Skills: Sound knowledge and experience in the use of computers
Master of Science in Medical Physicist
Invasive Cardiovascular from Regional/ International credential boards: 1. Positions and sets up equipment & machines during procedures and interventions. Ensures proper adjustment of the different machine parameters for optimal image quality, and safety of patient and staff. 2. Performs the duties of scrub technology. 3. Provides assistance to the operator during the procedures by machine operations, and provisions of accessories needed for the procedures,i.e., catheters, contrast media, pressure system, injections, etc. 4. Maintains sterility of the set-up at all times following strict policy on sterile technique. Assists in the preparation and set-up of patients procedure trolley, and patient undergoing the procedure. 5. Provides patient care and carries out doctor’s orders during cath. Procedures. 6. Performs endorsement procedure to concerned cath. Lab. staff nurse. 7. Assists during emergency resuscitation measures. 8. Assists with determination of training needs for junior Catheterization Laboratory staff. 9. Participates in orientation of newly-hired staff or CCL personnel. 10. Inform Supervisor of the need for checking or repair of equipments, machines, or apparatus, and the level of supplies and materials. 11. Pre & post procedure evaluation and care related to the procedure. 12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Language Skills: English Advanced, Arabic Basic Computer Skills: Advanced
BS Degree in Health related field with certificate in Invasive Cardiovascular
Performs variety of laboratory tests and procedures on patient samples which includes all body fluids and tissue samples.
1. Performs and records results of laboratory testing to a high level of skill and judgement using knowledge of test accuracy, imprecision and pre analytical factors to ensure integrity of laboratory results. 2. Undertakes and understand quality control procedures and the processing of quality control material in order to determine the acceptability and safe release of patient results. 3. Recognizes technical problems and uses skill knowledge and experience to troubleshoot using own initiative. 4. Recognizes and reports unusual results and difficulties to the Senior Technologist/Supervisor and /or Section Head. 5. Participate in the daily routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment 6. Participate in the day to day management of inventory and expendable supplies. 7. Assists Senior Technologists and supervisors to perform their job role and stands in for senior staff where appropriate and relevant. 8. Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria. 9. Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists. 10. Determine blood type for transfusions. 11. Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the Lab, is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments. 12. Participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets Patient needs. 13. Trains and orientates new junior lab staff in the performance and interpretation of tests. 14. Supervising and training less experienced and less qualified staff 15. Providing a 24 hours 7 days per week service in DLMP 16. Perform other duties, tasks and on-call assignments as directed by his/her supervisor
Required Certification/Licensure: Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in the Qatar within the Supreme Council of Health Essential Experience: 2 years’ experience in Medical labs if graduating outside Qatar New graduates from Qatar University- After successful completion of a structured 6 month internship training programme Language Skills: English, both written and verbal Computer Skills: Competent in use of Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office Demonstrates strong working knowledge of: - A particular field of Biomedical Sciences including technical, practical and theoretical competencies - Communication techniques, both written and non-written Education
Bachelor of Sciences, Biomedical Sciences