- Being polite, compassionate, and understanding to patients and family members at all times. Complies with Sanad customer service standards taught in Corporate Orientation.
- Provides information in a prompt, efficient, and professional manner.
- Performs clerical work for the department and communicates efficiently with all stakeholders through various methods (calls, emails, and direct contact) to collect the details.
- Reminder calls as per division standard operating procedure before appointment/procedure.
- Liaises between different support services to ensure patient needs are met (e.g. the laboratory, pharmacy, translation services etc.)
Patient records and data
- Compiles, processes, and ensures protection of patient records and data whilst complying with policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Ensures the medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory compliance for patient records.
- Distributes and collects records as and when required.
- Manages the patient record for check-in, admission, patient care, physician orders, check out, and discharge for the respective unit.
- Prepares and maintains comprehensive and updated databases by filing and re-filing case notes and observations and ensuring that the databases are managed as per the division requirements.
- Assists the Supervisor and Manager in the collection of information related to advanced research and reports required by the department.
- Collects and gathers documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units for further processing.
- Prepares charts for document scanning, performs quality checks on scanned images.
- Ensures that all the data filed is updated, accurate and complete, and meets the data quality standards of the facility.
- Collects and records patient feedback and data to support Patient Satisfaction evaluation.
- Meets deadlines and follows up on assignments under the supervision of the Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists the Patient Access Associates if required in busy periods and if capacity allows e.g. booking appointments, registration process etc.
- Completes handover to next team member as required to ensure smooth patient care.
- Supports the department as needed for service readiness, including simulation testing.
- Identifies pertinent events affecting patient care, administration, quality of service within the Unit and reports them to the Manager / Supervisor.
- Provides suggestions on administration, patient records, and other departmental procedures as required.
- Orders stationary.
- Collects excuse notes (and other non-medical information) and entering into Cerner.
- Liaises with patients on generic information, but not giving out medical/clinical results e.g. communicating that medication is ready for pick up, but not a dose change.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values.
There are also some key elements that the unit clerk will do depending on their location of work:
Ambulatory/Outpatient/day cases unit specific
- Manages daily clinic flow, respond to ad hoc request from the clinical team.
- Responds to operational team requests such as collecting data on no-show statistics etc. up top on key performance indicators.
- Registers and checks outpatients.
- Receives payments for consumables, deposits or services as part of the patient visit (to be confirmed by your manager).
- Prints patient lists for the day.
Hospital/Inpatient unit specific
- Manages patient records for internal and/or external transfers.
- Books patient follow up an appointment prior to leaving the unit.
- Prints patient lists for medical rounds/ patient activity.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes Sidra’s Values