Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs of Hamad Medical Corporation.
– Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
– Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
– Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
– Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
– Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
– Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
– Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
– Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
– Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
– Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
– Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
– Writes, completes and approves medical reports for patients.
– Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
– Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
– Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
– Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working for HMC
– Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the Medical Director
– The specific details about roles and responsibilities related to each specialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by the Department
Essential Education (Minimum of one from the below);
– Arab Board of Health Specializations
– USA – The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
– Canada – Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
– UK – GMC/CCST Specialist Register
– Germany – Fachartz Specialist Certificate
– Sweden – Swedish Board
– Australia and New Zealand – Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
– Specialist registration from other countries will be considered after an equivalence review
Valid license to practice in country of origin or country of practice.
Must satisfy revalidation criteria.
Senior Consultants with western qualifications should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least 1 year, or a period of 6 years consultant experience is required.
Language Skills: Fluent in English – Oral & Written. Arabic fluency- Preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in IT skills particularly on CERNER and MS Office
Common Leadership and Professional Competencies
– Actively participates in delivering HMC’s strategy
– Strategic thinking
– Leadership and direction
– Integrity and conviction
– Purpose and direction
– Operational awareness
– Harnessing technology
– Leading people and process change
Problem Solving/Decision Making
– Demonstrates ability to apply analytical skill to problem-solve and seek and/or provide advice in ambiguous and dynamic situations.
– Demonstrates initiative and self-awareness in observing, developing, monitoring and evaluating the skills of self and others through corporate and community initiatives.
– Demonstrates initiative and creativity in suggesting ways to improve process efficiency that will result in improving the delivery of patient care services across the corporation.
– Recognizes and accepts accountability for safety and care of patients, colleagues, and general public.
Demonstrates strong working knowledge of:
– Governance, teaching and learning.
– Effective communication, report writing and presentation.
– Ability to persuade, delegate, motivate and influence others
– Management, teamwork, and networking.
– Ability to support, lead and delegate strategic planning initiative.
– Skilled in financial and personnel planning
– Demonstrated knowledge of the concept of illness as a whole and the ability to impart that concept in the teaching of others
– Planning, organising and time management of self and others.
– Science, research and continuous learning.
– Handling complaints, eliciting feedback, and diffusing difficult situations.
– Application of sound judgment in seeking and providing support and advice in a hierarchal structure.