Assists in the process, which ensures that patient care is delivered in accordance with established corporate wide policies and procedure, State regulations and the hospital’s code of ethics. Provides education to staff based on theoretical and clinical expertise. This position will be accountable to ensure clinical resource and continuity of patient care during her/his duty hours.
1. Operation Technician is responsible to Charge Nurse and Head Nurse to provide professional, quality patient care according to hospital standards.
2. To fulfill the above responsibilities, the Operation Technician in collaboration with nursing personnel and members of other disciplines, engages in the following activities: provides direct patient care;
3. Coordinates operating room services with the services of other healthcare disciplines.
4. Fosters a climate conducive to education experiences for new nurses and students. Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of care, sterile instruments, supplies and equipment.
5. Accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients.
6. Must have experience in LASIK and Opthalmology operation
7. Perform other duties as assign
Provides family-centered care to patients of all ages and their families.
Assesses the cardio-respiratory needs of the patient in collaboration of the healthcare team develops a care plan.
Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, educational and technical support in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with cardio-respiratory compromise.
Provides support in the delivery of ventilation, inhaled medication treatments, cardio-respiratory diagnostics and specialty gas delivery including Nitric Oxide.
Supports the academic health sciences centre by providing/sharing knowledge with families, and other professionals internal to the HMC.
Provides evidence-based care by integrating research with practice.
Maintains a commitment to life-long learning and creates, utilizes and/or disseminates new knowledge to others
3 years Associate Degree or 2 years Respiratory Therapy Course plus 1 Year of Practice or 3 years Diploma in Respiratory Therapy or 3 year Bachelor’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy or 3 year Bachelor Degree in Science plus 1 to 3 years of Structured Respiratory Therapy education from an Accredited College
Valid Primary license from the country of origin (if applicable) AND should be eligible for license from the Licensing authority in the State of Qatar to practice Healthcare Profession.
Minimum 3 years experience pertaining to specific areas: Adult/pediatrics/Neonatal