The Research Scientist who works in clinical research areas responsible for:
- Implementation of clinical trials including development and planning of protocols (safety, data consistency, trial timelines, budget, resources, eligibility and enrollment), within a cross functional team
- Interfacing with clinical team members, clinical operations, scientific operations, regulatory affairs, data management, and finance regarding day to day activities of research.
- Serving as Local trial lead for research and main point of contact for day to day governance of research.
- Contributing to the preparation and review of clinical research documents including clinical study protocol, clinical study reports (CSR) and submissions) and other study related documents assuring quality and consistency.
- Presenting in written and oral format: group productivity, project status and key deliverables to senior management.
The Research Scientist who works in laboratory research will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering research projects and programs that support research strategy.
- Ensuring that all research support infrastructure is in place to deliver approved research projects/programs, including securing peer reviewed research funding
- Presentation of research findings at appropriate for a scientific meetings
- Providing research training and education for team members, higher degree students, and as a part of programs
- Perform other duties as assign
- For researchers working with human subjects: CITI and ILS certification
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory
- Microsoft Office suite; research software as appropriate to the field of research
Phd + 3 years’ experience (preferred)
- Medical\Surgical Mechatronics
- Medical\Surgical Control systems
- Medical\Surgical Robotics
- Medical\Surgical Mechanical Design
- Medical\Surgical Rapid prototyping\3D printing\additive manufacturing
- Or\and Experience in:
- Medical\Surgical Machine learning
- Medical\Surgical Deep learning
- Medical\Surgical Reinforcement learning
- Medical\Surgical Computer vision (2D\3D)
Demonstrates strong working knowledge of:
- Research governance
- Research ethics and compliance
- Research methodologies as related to his/her field of expertise
- Conversant and up to date with the scientific literature in his/her field of expertise
Common Leadership and Professional Competencies
- The applicant should be able to establish basic and/or clinical research and should be able to work with clinicians and scientists to maximize the use of institutional resources in coordinating focused research in expanding HMC’s research capacity and capability.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Evidence of excellent research outputs and research income building (peer reviewed, first authored publication, peer reviewed grant funding, Higher Degree student supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong academic background
- Engagement with relevant professional bodies and associations