The Quality Improvement Reviewer is responsible for supporting hospital-specific quality improvement and corporate quality priorities through engaging staff at all levels across the organization in quality management, and through the effective monitoring of agreed QPS objectives
1. Supports the implementation of the Hospital specific Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Plan.
2. Undertakes specific educational and coordination functions at the request of the Executive Director/Assist. Director of Quality Improvement/QI manager.
3. Acts upon appropriate and available data to support the monitoring of both performance initiatives and quality indicators across the hospital/PHC.
4. Assist the QI team to establish hospital-specific indicators in response to and in support of the JCI accreditation process.
5. Communicate quality improvement opportunities as they are identified to hospital staff.
6. Utilize information from significant event reporting to ensure that patterns and themes identified to result in the application of quality improvement methodologies.
7. Stays abreast of and applies knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and accreditation standards as they relate to performance improvement.
8. Facilitate appropriate monitoring activities, data collection techniques, and statistical tools.
9. Attends/participates in educational events as necessary.
10. Perform other duties as required.
4 years in healthcare out of which 1 year in Quality Improvement or Quality Management field.
Demonstrated Computer Proficiency and database knowledge. (Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel or Access, Powerpoint)
Bachelor Degree in health-related field