- Manage an individual caseload of assigned patients effectively and efficiently.
- Independently assesses, re-assesses and synthesize evaluation data and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention.
- Independently formulate treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering individual physiotherapy treatment according to evidence based practice.
- Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the physiotherapy process
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
- Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
- Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working
- Provides specific clinical instructions, recommendations, education and advice to those involved in continuity of care.
- Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend/holiday and on-call care.
- Participate in implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control and quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Delegate appropriate tasks, oversee clinical workload of Physiotherapy Technicians and Physiotherapy Aides to maximize efficiency and achieve desired quality of care.
- Participate in physiotherapy in-service to promote service development and / or personal development.
- Engage in Continuous education programs
- Responsible for developing and updating clinical knowledge to ensure delivery of evidence based care, professional growth and development.
- Participate in the development and organization of educational programs for nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members, staff as well as patient’s caregivers.
- Participates in research activities to enhance clinical outcomes and promote evidence – based clinical practice.
- Essential Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or 3 years Diploma in Physiotherapy from a nationally approved and /or accredited College or University
- Required Certification/Licensure:
- “Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in the State of Qatar within the Supreme Council of Health”.
- Language Skills:
- English Language: Essential
- Arabic Language: Preferred
- Computer Skills: Basic Computer Skills – Essential