- Provides total individualized patient care and assumes accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care, discharge planning for each patient and assessing for current and potential problems.
- Accurately, concisely and appropriately documents care, interventions and outcomes.
- Contributes to the achievement of clinical quality outcome indicators and patient satisfaction by demonstration of extraordinary service.
- Utilizes a professional practice framework and evidence based care, identifies improvement areas while minimizing risks creating care that is optimal for our patients and families.
- Promotes a safe environment and safe patient care by embracing a safety culture and identifying areas of risk.
- Educates the patient/family and other members of the health care team.
- Contributes to excellence in outcomes, a positive patient experience and a healthy professional environment.
- Contributes effective use of resources.
- Leads and/or contributes to service based Performance Improvement activities and organizational committees as assigned.
- Develops and sustains (maintains) own knowledge, clinical skills (mandatory training), professional (portfolio or profile) awareness and provides documented evidence of performance and maintenance of skills consistent with position.
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times and promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Identifies and alerts members of the medical team to changes in medical status of the patient.
- Works in collaboration with Case Management to achieve goals.
- Participates in new staff/student orientation, assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of new staff/students to develop their competence.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and upholds the organizational values at all times.
- Acts as a role model for junior staff and assists in promoting and sharing knowledge via mentorship/preceptorship programs in line with relevant research and evidence based practice.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Nursing (4 years)
Diploma in Nursing (3 years after post high school) and
Registered Nurse Post graduate certificate in specialty if applicable in country of origin
- 2+ years of recent clinical nursing experience within the relevant specialty from a highly esteemed healthcare institution
- Preferably with experience in adolescent medicine, nephrology (adult and pediatric) and pediatric
Certification and Licensure
- Valid professional Nursing license in country of origin
- Professional Membership