The Manager – Operations (Generic) works closely with the Clinical Nurse Manager and Division Chief, as part of the unit based leadership, to ensure safe and efficient operations for patients and staff.Reporting to the Executive Director Operations and part of the unit based leadership, the Manager oversees the daily operations of the unit. The Manager has a hands on approach to implementing key operational strategies and achieve all agreed key performance indicators inclusive of resource management, financial targets, quality standards, patient and family satisfaction, patient flow and access.
The focus of the role is ensure that the infrastructure, supplies, environment and support services are in place to provide optimal patient care.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Manages all aspects of operational delivery of the unit on behalf of the Division Chief and the Executive Director Operations. Examples of this include clinical throughput, achieving operational targets, delivering efficiency and effectiveness, patient satisfaction, performance management and improvement as well as but not limited to delivery of clinical management group and unit objectives.
- Represents the unit leadership in meetings across the organization. Examples of this include management, governance, performance management processes, quality governance forum.
- Develops and implements operational plans and identify improvement initiatives personally where appropriate.
- Responsible for all administrative staff and administrative processes on the unit, and works with Corporate Services (e.g. Revenue cycle, HR, finance, supply chain) to ensure optimal and efficient delivery of support services.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with other team members to implement priority actions, develop work schedules, monitor progress towards goals and track details, data, information and activities.
- Analyzes process workflows and performance data and evaluates the unit’s progress against the operational plans. Provides timely recommendations and reports as needed to ensure achievement of objectives and targets.
- Understands employee, inventory, equipment and space requirements and work towards meeting those requirements.
- Works closely with Clinical Nurse Managers and Division Chief, as part of the unit based leadership, to set and review budgets, manage costs, and improve profitability.
- Evaluates patient issues and identify ways of improving the quality of patient journey across Sidra Medicine, including investigating problems and complaints as needed.
- Acts as the focal point and communicates all operational policies and procedure at unit level meetings.
- Actively manages risks and escalates as needed.
- Works with Clinical Leads to prepare and submit business plans where required for service development, and ensures successful implementation within budget and time scale targets. Monitors implementation and evaluates outcomes.
- Plans and organizes activities and projects, often highly complex, liaising with other departments within and outside of the Unit, and other individuals and organizations as required
- Supports recruitment, retention and recognition activities. Participates in candidate screening and interviewing as appropriate. Actively welcomes new staff to unit.
- Maintains open lines of communication with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective cooperation and consultation.
- Represents the Division Chief in their absence on all leadership and management issues (that are not medical or of a clinical nature).
- Acts as a role model in ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.