Lead Event Carpenter
- Career Level Mid Career
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender No preference
- Industry Construction & Building
- Nationality No preference
- Qualifications Certificate
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assigning and explaining tasks to your team.
- Communicating with various client groups to determine the time frames within which projects should be completed.
- Calculating the amount of labour, time, and materials needed for each project.
- Creating and adjusting project schedules accordingly.
- Ordering all materials required for projects.
- Supervising the carpenters, unskilled and semi-skilled workers, and subcontractors.
- Managing all carpentry duties required, including both rough and finished carpentry.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work done by your team.
- Create plans, drawings, and sketches as required.
- Assist in design phase to improve proposals where required.
- Coordinate space and set-up requirements with various departments as needed.
- Execute tasks and collaborate where required to complete on deadline.
- Oversee the management and repair of tools and other equipment.
- Ensure that a safe work environment is maintained.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as carpenter in Major Event settings in Europe or North America.
- Fluent in English
- Relevant experience in working with full range of carpentry materials.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools.
- Ability to read, produce and amend technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to adhere to safety guidelines.
- Excellent understanding of mathematics.
- Sound knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- The ability to oversee and instruct in the use of all tools and equipment.
- In good physical condition
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent higher education required. (UK Level 6 or equivalent)
- Working at height qualification required (RoSPA accredited course or equivalent)
- Rope access qualification an advantage (IRATA Lvl 2 or 3 or equivalent)
- Driving License required.