Performs variety of laboratory tests and procedures on patient samples which includes all body
fluids and tissue samples.
1. Performs and records results of laboratory testing to a high level of skill and judgement
using knowledge of test accuracy, imprecision and pre analytical factors to ensure integrity
of laboratory results.
2. Undertakes and understand quality control procedures and the processing of quality control
material in order to determine the acceptability and safe release of patient results.
3. Recognizes technical problems and uses skill knowledge and experience to troubleshoot
using own initiative.
4. Recognizes and reports unusual results and difficulties to the Senior Technologist/Supervisor
and /or Section Head.
5. Participate in the daily routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment
6. Participate in the day to day management of inventory and expendable supplies.
7. Assists Senior Technologists and supervisors to perform their job role and stands in for senior staff where appropriate and relevant.
8. Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria.
9. Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists.
10. Determine blood type for transfusions.
11. Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the Lab, is able to
properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments.
12. Participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is
accurate, timely and meets Patient needs.
13. Trains and orientates new junior lab staff in the performance and interpretation of tests.
14. Supervising and training less experienced and less qualified staff
15. Providing a 24 hours 7 days per week service in DLMP
16. Perform other duties, tasks and on-call assignments as directed by his/her supervisor
Valid Primary License from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license in the Qatar within the Supreme Council of Health
2 years’ experience in Medical labs if graduating outside Qatar
New graduates from Qatar University- After successful completion of a structured 6 month internship training programme
English, both written and verbal
Competent in use of Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
Demonstrates strong working knowledge of:
– A particular field of Biomedical Sciences including technical, practical and theoretical competencies
– Communication techniques, both written and non-written
Bachelor of Sciences, Biomedical Sciences