Inspector – Civil
- Career Level Mid Career
- Experience 6 Years
- Gender No preference
- Industry Utilities
- Nationality No preference
- Qualifications Diploma
Qualification & Experience
- Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized institution / college / university acceptable.
- Ability to communicate, read and write in English at Secondary School Level.
- Minimum 06 years of experience in supervision of civil project work/ maintenance work in extra high voltage electrical primary substations, EHV cables and transmission lines.
- Conducts all site inspections and supervision with regard quality control/ safety/ progress of the works executed by contractor as per contract specifications.
- Day to day reports with regards to work progress/ quality control/ safety to and carryout all supervision works as per the instructions of Transmission Civil Engineer
- Prepares quantity estimates of requested work and assist civil engineer whenever necessary in costing/ preparation of scope of works, drawings and tender documents and assisting the civil engineer in all works related to ongoing/ current contracts
- Ensures the smooth start-up of various civil projects/ construction works by coordinating the issuance of limitation of access, service information sheet approval, site clearances/ permits/ for contractors/ consultants etc. and arranging the provisions of owner supply materials as required
- Ensures that all technical and administrative works to accomplish the above in accordance with the established procedures
- Ensures that the contractor has accomplished all arrangements regarding safety rules and regulations pertaining to the work on site and that all individuals on site are complying to these rules and regulation
- Assists the civil engineer in compiling the basic daily/ weekly/ monthly documentation for the reports
- Performs other related duties such as site survey, preparation or review of drawings, reports, method statements, technical proposals, snag list, bills of quantities, and assessing the schedule of works etc. as request by the immediate supervisor
- Reviews existing system design in civil engineering and recommends improvements to transmission civil engineer.
- Inspection and preparation of civil snag list for clearing defects for the new substations.
- Performs other related duties as needed upon request by the immediate supervisor
- Works in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Continual
- Improvement section on securing and maintain the ISO / Risk
- Management / ISMS certification
- Carries out and ensures the compliance of all activities within the
- Department are in-line with Company health and safety regulations
Other Significant Requirements:
- Good technical knowledge.
- Fluent in English and ability to communicate with superiors.
- Requires extensive traveling between venues/depots during normal and or outside office hours.
- Requires mobile communication while on duty outside the office.
- Requires mobile communication outside normal office hours for emergency purposes.
- Responsible for supervising all work / modification work of civil maintenance carried out by the contractors.
- Informing day-to-day site activities to Civil Engineer with regard to to all construction aspects especially quality control / safety / progress / and monitoring invoices by checking the quantity of BOQ items which is all ready consumed by the contractor to do particular work.