- Perform a physical assessment on each patient, paying special attention to the skin.
- Assist the physician in the performance of skin exams, monitor and record a patient’s medical history, and be aware of relevant test results.
- Assist the dermatologist with outpatient and surgical dermatology procedures.
- Provide pre- and post-operative care for clients who are undergoing treatment for a variety of skin conditions and diseases.
- Assist with procedures using specialized medical equipment, including cosmetic dermatology
- Assess, monitor, and treat skin wounds, mainly burns.
- Perform wound care and be familiar with many types of dressings, topical medications, and would care routines.
- Be familiar with how to treat acne, specific acne medications and their risks, and alternative topical medications.
- Educate each patient on how to protect their skin and care for skin diseases and conditions at home.