Arab Clinical Midwives for a Semi Government Hospital in Qatar
- Full time
- @United for Manpower Solutions posted 12 months ago
- Posted : March 5, 2023 -Accepting applications
- Job ID 41194
- Career Level Mid Career
- Experience 2 Years
- Gender No preference
- Industry Healthcare, other
- Nationality All Arab CountriesAll GCC Countries
- Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Department / Branch Profile:
The Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Branch ensures the delivery of excellence in care. Our experienced staff deliver care through the guiding principles of our Professional Practice Model, ensuring exceptional patient and family centered care is at the forefront of everything we do. We focus on a model of human wellness, promoting the health and wellbeing not only for our patients and families, but also for our staff. Our teams are united through our Shared Leadership model and ensure the delivery of exceptional outcomes by actively promoting quality, safety and research and effective communication across the multidisciplinary arena.
The Clinical Midwife is responsible for competently providing safe and effective care to Women during
pregnancy, labor and delivery, and their newborn babies in the postpartum period with minimal supervision by the Clinical Nurse Leader/Clinical Midwife Leader The Clinical Midwife assesses care needs, plans, implements and evaluates programs of care. The Clinical Midwife is responsible for ensuring that all duties are carried out to the highest possible standard, aligned to the company’s Standards of Practice.
The Clinical Midwife participates in the supervision, orientation and training of staff and is responsible for education of patients, families and students. The Clinical Midwife is professionally accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Makes decisions related to the plans of care for women and their babies.
Professionalism and Ethical Practice
- Practices within the DHP Scope of Practice according to licensure within the State of Qatar
- Assumes responsibility for the delegation of aspects of care delivery.
- Provides total individualized woman-centered care and assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care during the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods, discharge planning for each woman, her baby and family.
- Ensure timely documentation of care, discharge planning and family education aligned to the company’s standards of documentation
- Practices as an expert practitioner demonstrating critical and analytical thinking by problem solving and escalating appropriately in the process of care delivery in the client group.
- Independently initiates escalation of issues following the chain of command, utilizing resources as needed
- Independently maintains licensure and regulatory requirements (e.g. life support certifications and CPD requirements)
- Meets requirements of organizational, profession and departmental/role specific orientation competencies Role model’s appearance and behaviors that promote a positive image of midwifery
- Adheres to time and attendance requirements
- Participates in new staff/student orientation, assists in maintaining a suitable learning environment and acts as a preceptor/mentor in the supervision and teaching of new staff/students to develop their competence.
- Actively participates and/or contributes the Shared Leadership structure to promote and embed Shared Leadership
Woman and Family Centered Care
- Provides holistic, woman and family centered care based on evidence and best practice
- Anticipates and responds to woman and family care requirements that involve the pre conception, antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods, provides newborn care, family planning.
- Provides holistic care to women during labour, detects complications and abnormalities and initiates appropriate emergency interventions and escalates concerns
- Conducts normal births when required, and carries out designated roles and tasks in the event of surgical intervention.
- Promotes the access of medical care and assistance to pregnant women as needed.
- Provides advice on the promotion of health and wellbeing.
- Evaluates learning needs of the woman and/or family and provides appropriate educational program and family education
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Treats colleagues, patients, and visitors with dignity and respect at all times
- Promotes and maintains effective communication and teamwork
- Promotes collaborative working within the Multi-disciplinary team understanding the role of all members
- Demonstrates collaborative and respectful behavior
- Contributes to a positive work environment
Evidence Based Practice
- Adheres to the company’s Nursing and Midwifery Standards of Practice
- Ensures Woman centered health care is based on best evidence
- Promotes and supports breastfeeding in alignment with the current WHO/UNICEF Guidelines
- Identify ways to improve services through quality improvement initiatives
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and measure outcomes
- Contributes effective use of resources and identifies any opportunities for efficiency
- Participates in investigation of clinical incidents for safety and quality improvement
- Acknowledges own limitations in knowledge, judgment and/or skills, and functions within those
- Demonstrates consistent and reliable use of technology and standardized practices that support safety and quality
- Communicates observations or concerns related to hazards and errors to patients, families and the health care team
- Use organizational error reporting systems for near miss and event reporting
- Demonstrates effective use of strategies to reduce risk of harm to self or others
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for own clinical decision, delegation and provides supervision to team members according to their competence and scope of practice
- Accurately, concisely and appropriately documents care, interventions and outcomes in a timely
- Practices contemporaneous documentation, ensuring entries into the medical record are recorded and signed in real time
- Utilizes data from the patient record to make decisions and responds appropriately to clinical decision-making supports and alerts
- Protects confidentiality of protected health information in electronic health records
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the company’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
- Adheres to and promotes the company’s Values
Work Environment the Role Operates in:
- Clinical roles are performed in an acute care hospital care setting and may involve aspects of care in the home during the antepartum and postpartum period.
- Physical effort required may include walking more than is typical due to the distances between
- Physical risks normally associated with an acute care clinical environment
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery
- Diploma in Midwifery: 3 years after graduation from high school (12 years) and a copy of the secondary school certificate (High School)
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing: 3 years after graduation from high school (12 years)and a recognized post graduate program in midwifery
- Registered Midwife
- 2+ years of recent clinical midwifery experience within relevant specialty from a highly esteemed healthcare institution