- Promotes a culture of excellent efficient and quality service delivery in a congenial, supportive, collaborative and
equitable environment working collaboratively with service leads.
- Leads Audiologists / Audiology technicians in all service areas.
- Directs and coordinates clinical activities, standards of care, treatment, and comprehensive services.
- Leads clinical service planning, service development and capacity planning for Audiology.
- Develops and implements the policies and procedures required to guide and support the provision of audiology
- Takes the lead on formulating current and long-range programs, goals and plans for the department ensuring the implementation of robust clinical governance structures and processes to ensure patient safety.
- Promotes leadership and direction for the development of strategies for the selection, recruitment and retention of staff.
- Assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotions, identifies staff development needs and ensures that training is provided.
- Ensures optimal audiology coverage at all times across Sidra in various settings.
- Mentors audiology staff and trainees; Teaches undergraduate and/or graduate level clinical courses to students, interns, residents, fellows and other professionals in the evidence-based practice of clinical audiology.
- Provides assessment supervision of clinical students, trainees and new staff.
- Keeps abreast with new developments in treatment and techniques; adapts them to the specific needs of the department.
- Provides suggestions with regard to operating problems, department budgetary matters, personnel matters, technical problems, and the status of programs and projects.
- Meets with Division Chief to discuss programs and problems and provides clinical leadership.
- Undertakes the performance appraisal to meet the professional standards of Audiologists.
- Diagnoses and manages a wide variety of audiological conditions.
- Formulates and implements appropriate auditory management care plans based on diagnostic information, taking into account audiological status, communication skills and social needs in collaboration with the patient/family and other members of the health care across the full range of care settings.
- Advises staff in the resolution of sensitive, complex, or precedent-setting situations; determines appropriate course of action; assigns responsibilities and monitors actions and responses.
- Ensures the procurement and availability of state of the art audiological facilities and equipment to deliver the best patient care.
- Initiates outreach programs to connect with the community thus raising awareness around audiology and hearing healthcare issues.
- Evaluates and makes decisions about audiologic treatment options taking into account both theoretical and
therapeutic models and evidenced based practice and current trends in audiological care.
- Provides specialist audiological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to
patient’s formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan.
- Undertakes risk assessment and risk management for individual patients and provides general advice to other
professionals on audiological aspects of risk assessment and management.
- Acts as Lead for Audiology research; publishes in peer reviewed journals.
- Prepares scientific and technical reports or presentations; Presents at National & International level at the conferences.
- Leads in service development and audiology expansion. Has a key role in procurement, installation, commissioning of audiology testing facilities and equipment, multi-professional liaison and consultation.
- Ensures program plans for audiology services are developed in compliance with departmental policy and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains confidentiality with regards to information exchanged or received in the current capacity of role in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Visionary leadership.
- Ability to motivate a workforce.
- Effective management and delegation.
- Communication and negotiation.
- PR and presentation skills.
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Planning and forecasting.