1. Manage an individual caseload of patients effectively and efficiently undertaking predominantly complex cases in the area of specialty
2. Independently assess, analyze and synthesize complex evaluation data and provide a clinical diagnosis for individual patients to determine their need for physiotherapy intervention within specialty areas.
3. independently formulate a treatment plan in collaboration with patient/family, delivering individual physiotherapy treatment according to evidence-based practice /clinical guidelines
4. Reassess clinical outcomes, to determine the effectiveness of treatment, the progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment
5. Carries out a comprehensive discharge plan, and collaborates with the other multidisciplinary team members and family when the measurable short and long term goals have been achieved.
6. Provide patient and family education in a timely manner as part of the physiotherapy process.
7. Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care including participation in medical/surgical rounds, clinics, conferences.
8. Maintain patient documentation, records and accurate statistical information to reflect care provided and meet professional standards.
9. Communicate and make recommendations to all relevant disciplines of staff to maximize patient care and promote multidisciplinary team working.
10. Assist in developing clinical guidelines to optimize patient care in the area of specialty.
11. Work independently to provide physiotherapy weekend/holiday and on-call care.
12. Participate in the implementation of HMC and Departmental Policies and Procedures of safety, infection control, and quality improvement.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned.
1. Delegate appropriate tasks, oversee the clinical workload of Physiotherapists, Physiotherapy Technicians, and Physiotherapy Aides to maximize efficiency and achieve the desired quality of care.
2. Participate in the Unit and Job Specific Orientation process for new staff in the assigned specialty area
3. Monitor and participate in clinical audit in the assigned specialty area, to support the Physiotherapy Quality Improvement Plan.
1. Participate in physiotherapy in-service and if necessary lead team in-service training to promote personal development.
2. Responsible for developing and updating clinical knowledge and skills in the area of specialty to ensure the delivery of evidence-based care and professional growth and development.
3. Engage in continuous education programs
4. Participate in the development and organization of educational programs for nursing, medical, other multidisciplinary team members, staff as well as patient’s caregivers.
5. Participates in research activities to enhance clinical outcomes and promote the evidence-based clinical practice.
6. Act as a mentor to Physiotherapists and Developers
English Language: Essential
Arabic Language: Preferred
Basic Computer Skills: Essential